As part of the post-award financial administration team, the Cash Management Group of GCFA manages the cash-related activities of Yale’s sponsored programs. Essential responsibilities include:
- Process Letter-of-Credit (LOC) cash draws and web-based invoicing for Federal awards.
- Prepare and file the quarterly Federal Financial Report (FFR) for the LOC awards, and perform funding, cash and expenditure reconciliations.
- Process installment or cost reimbursement invoices for Non-Federal or Federal Pass-Through grants and contracts and act as the point of contact for billing inquiries.
- Process receipts of sponsor payments and ensure they are credited to the correct award or invoice.
- Track sponsored project receivables and initiate collection communication.
- Reconcile sponsored project receivable and follow up on unbillable issues.
The goal of the Cash Management group is to maintain appropriate cash flow for Yale’s sponsored programs while ensuring financial compliance with Federal regulations, sponsor requirements, and University policies.
The Yale School of Medicine (YSM) Financial Operations Office is responsible for all non-federally funded clinical trials (44 Series) and all Veteran’s Administration IPA Contracts (W Range awards).
Billing and Payments
- In general, sponosred-award invoices are generated on a monthly basis. For billing inquiries, please contact us.
- For payments to the University via check, please use the address listed to the right of the page under Payment Address.
- For payments to the University via wire transfer, please contact our office for bank information.
- Yale University’s tax identification number is: 06-0646973.
If sponsor payments are received by any University department, please hand-deliver to 47 College Street, Suite 216 or contact our office for check handling instructions. Please do not forward via campus mail.